Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Focus of His love

Wanted to make a piece for my daughter, that reflects who she is. A princess, lavishly loved by her maker, made to enjoy glorious living, and to be abundantly free.

Found this photo that my husband took, then had him take one of her hands holding a flower. Wanted to use textures and color, layers and wax. After searching for a verse that would try and capture what I wanted her to grow up knowing, I settled on Ephesians 1:4-12. A great passage that speaks of God's plans for us.

I enjoyed the process and MJ is really excited to have this hanging in her room. The hard part is knowing when to stop, what to keep and what just adds clutter. Although I like this piece part of me feels like it might be more like a scrapbook page on steroids than a great piece of art. But, hey, it's not for sale, and I have the freedom to fail.


No comments: